Why Start a Blog?

>> Thursday, December 30, 2010

There are lots of blogs out there... a lot of good blogs. I didn't start this blog to necessarily be like all the others nor did I start this to have millions of people subscribe (although it would be wonderful if that happened). I really started this for me, my family, and my friends. Over 2 years ago my husband and I moved from the US to Germany to pursue advancement with our respective careers and to embark on a great adventure. From the beginning of this journey from living outside of the US for the first time in my life, to learning a new language, to getting used to being a newlywed, this has been one crazy, foreign ride. I've decided that documenting this adventure with both stories and photos, I can not only look back at this wonderful time, but also keep my family and friends (here and far away) updated.

For these reasons (and probably a lot more that I have failed to write here) I'm starting this blog. I want to dedicate this blog to food (homemade and in great restaurants), travel, and my experiences as a foreigner. So, if you are reading this, welcome! I hope to be writing and posting a lot and I would love to hear any comments and suggestions you have. I also hope that you enjoy these posts and welcome to this foreign life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP