My Dirty Little Secret... Help!

>> Tuesday, March 8, 2011

See it up there? Looming over my kitchen sink? Okay, so it's not as severe as the title makes it sound, but I'm becoming more and more aware of this fast growing problem I have. Now, I'm aware that I'm not the more organized person when it comes to my personal life (see? self-awareness is good!) but when it comes to work I am 120% organized. So much so, that I can't leave work if there is one loose piece of paper on my desk... it just drives me crazy.

Oh, if only I could channel this power into my personal life, but that hasn't happened yet and as I was trying to find something to cook one evening, I realized how big my problem is... RECIPES EVERYWHERE! I have hundreds of recipes that I've printed out, jotted down, scrawled, drawn, etc. I have recipes that I've tried and ones that I haven't. Ones that I love and ones that need some tweaking. The bottom line is that I have no idea what to do with all of these recipes and I need help! How do you organize your recipes? Are you über organized or completely chaotic (like me)?

I have a black binder that I attempted to start organizing my recipes in. I even have 3 spiral-binded notebooks with even more recipes.

My black binder was a good attempt. I even bought plastic sheets to store recipes. Fancy, hu? Even that has become entirely too disorganized with all of the crumpled sheets that stick together. But, that isn't the biggest problem.

The biggest problem? That dreaded pocket in the binder. This is where I stuff all of the extra recipes that won't fit anywhere else.

See everything I have stuffed in there?

Then, I've got the spiral-bound notebooks with endless notes, reminders, and recipes.

So, what's the solution? What do I do? Do you have any suggestions? If you do, share them please! I'm drowning in recipes!

Forever grateful and forever disorganized....

P.S. By the way, this doesn't even include the countless recipes I have bookmarked online and have no idea what to do with those, either. I won't worry about these for right now... baby steps :)

1 comments:

Liss S. August 26, 2011 at 5:23 PM  

How about scanning them as pdfs and organizing them into folders on your computer?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP