An Exciting Year Ahead

>> Saturday, January 29, 2011

I know most people post this kind of stuff at the very beginning of a new year, but there you go. I'm not considered the most organized person in the world so the fact that I'm getting around to this and it's still January is a pretty big accomplishment for me! Yay for me (it's the small things, everyone).

Well, I want to share with you as to why my schedule has gone from being pretty quiet to non-stop and full steam ahead suddenly. I have some exciting plans and goals!

I posted earlier this month about getting back into music. In a couple of days we have our first orchestra practice and I have to admit I'm pretty nervous about it. I haven't played in over 5 years and this will be my first time to even play at all, much less with a big group. I would love to practice a little before going but playing a loud instrument in an apartment is frowned upon and in some buildings in Germany completely forbidden. In addition to the orchestra, I'll also take part in playing in the big band. I'm so looking forward to this! I love big band music and I love playing big band music. It is so exciting to be doing this again.

The other big project I've started is training for a half marathon! Wow! I've never run any race of that distance, but I'm determined. I know it's going to be tough and challenging but that is my kind of challenge. This is going to take up quite a bit of time, but my training plan is working and I've started training. I've run races before so I'm not completely foreign to running and I enjoy doing it, but this distance is a whole different world. If any of you runners out there have any tips for me I would be forever grateful :)

On top of this, I'm also going to be taking a swimming course to build technique. I swam for 13 years in the US when I was younger and it was always a passion of mine. I lived in the water during the summer months and I think that I was permanently water-logged. I remember spending literally all day in the pool with my sister and then going to swimming practice that evening. We would come back from practice and jump back into the pool and play some more. This was the same every summer growing up and we never got bored of it. The smell of chlorine and the feel of the water just brings back so many good memories. I took a swimming course about a month ago and I was just back at home in the water. I'm taking another one starting at the end of February and I think it will be a nice variety during the half marathon training.

So, in addition to all of this going on, my husband and I have a few trips planned (to Switzerland, Northern Ireland, and the US). We are going to attend some dinner parties with friends and host a couple this year and, of course, we are going to make sure some quality time for just the two of use is squeezed in there, too.

Whew... so there you have it! I'm excited and nervous but I also feel confident. I know with my husband's support with the support of my family and friends (you're included as a part of that group, by the way). Please wish me luck with my endeavors and I will be sure to keep you all updated with the progress!

Support and love each other!

1 comments:

arbdesigner247 February 1, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

I got exhausted just reading this...and I thought my schedule was busy! Guess I need to step it up a notch. I have all the confidence in the world that you'll accomplish all your goals you've set out to do...I am SO proud of you :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP