Our Favorite Indian Restaurant

>> Saturday, January 22, 2011

Indian food is so good. I never really had it until I met my husband and he introduced me to it. Now, I can't get enough of it! Last night we decided that we would go to our favorite Indian restaurant in Munich. We had a great meal and I want to share it with you.

My starter was vegetable pakora. These are pieces of cauliflower and potato wrapped in pastry that is flavored with all sorts of Indian spices and then they are deep fried. The vegetables stay relatively crisp and the pastry is a bit crunchy and the taste is so good.

My husband had vegetable samosa. This is a pastry (also flavored with Indian spices) filled with a mixture of potato, cauliflower, and peas. The vegetables are much softer than with the pakora. These also have a great flavor.

I used to always order the curry; however, now I'm obsessed with the tandoori. If it's done well, it's delicious. Large, flavorful pieces of meat, crispy fresh vegetables, and a wonderful sauce on the side. The meat and vegetables come out to you on a sizzling cast iron pan. I had a chicken tandoori. The chicken had a wonderful char and the vegetables were perfect. I really enjoyed it.

My husband had a lamb curry which smelled fantastic. He said the lamb was perfect and the curry sauce was rich and satisfying. Unfortunately, he never shared with me :)

On the side we ordered some garlic naan bread. This bread is cooked in a tandoori oven and it was soft, warm, and the garlic wasn't too overpowering. It was a great accompaniment with the meal.

We had such a nice evening and I would encourage anyone that hasn't tried Indian food to give it a go. It's wonderful and there are so many options. Indian food for me is like a comfort food. Everything is so warming and with a bit of spice it's a perfect way to spend a cold Friday night.

If you are in Munich, I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Garam Masala München
Radlsteg 1
80331 Munich, Germany
Tel. 089 24245907
http://www.garam-masala.de/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP