Mellow Mittwoch

>> Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mittwoch, by the way, is the German word for Wednesday (I just thought it sounded better...he he). Well, tomorrow is a holiday here in Bavaria and we are off work. The holiday we are celebrating is Die Heilige Drei Könige (meaning the three Wise Men). This is the day we celebrate the wise men's visit to Jesus.

Whether you are religious or not, this also explains why all of the Christmas decorations in homes, stores, and in the city stay up until this date. Everything will be closed tomorrow, but all of the decorations will be down by Friday and it marks the official end of the holiday season. Work begins as normal and everyone goes back to the daily grind; however, we'll be extending the holiday tomorrow into Friday to make it a long weekend (might as well, right?)

I hope you all have a wonderful day and those of you with a holiday tomorrow, relax and enjoy it.

Cheers!

P.S. I took the picture above while a walk through the snowy English Garden in Munich... which is lovely no matter what time of year.

4 comments:

Unknown January 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM  

I'm so excited about your new blog...gorgeous image! Wow!

stevie January 5, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

I love your blog! Of course I'm starving after looking at the gorgeous pictures of food!!!

Unknown January 5, 2011 at 2:52 PM  

I'm so excited about your new blog! Can't wait to see and hear more!

Cheryl January 6, 2011 at 6:59 AM  

Thanks for all of the support guys! I'm really excited about start thing and I can't wait to continue posting. Thanks for the sweet comments :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP