Munich at Night

>> Friday, January 7, 2011


Munich is a beautiful city. I don't care what time of year, what kind of weather, or if it is daylight or the middle of the night. I have a true love affair with this city and the more I see of it, the more I fall in love. If you would have told me 4 years ago that I would be living here, I would have never believed you (although, I would be very excited about the possibility).

When my boyfriend (now husband) asked me if I would be interested in moving here I did not even hesitate. There was no doubt in my mind that this adventure would be amazing and wonderful, and if I could go back to that moment I wouldn't change my answer or my reaction one bit.

All of this brings me to the point that when we decided to go for a walk last night to get some exercise and fresh air, I brought my camera along and snapped some photos. Munich always feels romantic and a bit mysterious at night and with last night's low clouds and impending threat of rain/snow it added a different feel. Heaviness is the word I'm thinking of, but that could just be all of the food I've been eating here recently :)

Enjoy the photos!

A view down the Isar

View down the Isar towards the Deutsches Museum 

Apartments on the river 

Deutsches Museum 

Deutsches Museum 

Marienplatz 

Door to the Rathaus 

View down Kaufingerstaße 

Gärtnerplatz Theater

Isartor


2 comments:

jbrbk January 7, 2011 at 4:43 AM  

After visiting you and Simon twice, I understand your love of the city. You live an enchanted life there.

arbdesigner247 January 7, 2011 at 6:25 AM  

You truly captured the beauty of the city at night ;-)

Andrea

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP