Getting Back into It...

>> Saturday, January 8, 2011


...music, that is. I played music constantly for over 13 years; however, once I graduated from university I found a job and ended up moving away and I haven't played in over 5 years now. I've missed it a lot. I find this to be a great creative outlet and a great release (even more so now that I'm writing technical documents all day at work). I really didn't know how I could get back into the music community until I stumbled upon an amateur orchestra consisting of members of the English-speaking community here in Munich. How exciting!

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I can speak and understand German, but there are times where having contact with native English speakers is relaxing and welcome. I have to admit this is a strange sensation and I never thought I would feel this way about language... but, hey, there you go.

I'm looking forward to joining this group at the end of the month and I'll update all of you on how it goes. In the meantime... wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP