A Very Old, Local Brewery

>> Tuesday, January 18, 2011


Happy Tuesday! Well, my dears, this will be a short one tonight. My husband offered to take me out for a drink and dinner... yay! It's been a rather exhausting day for both of us.

I leave you with a picture of a nice, cold lager (Helles, in German). This happens to be my favorite in all of Munich. It's called Augustiner and it's from a local brewery that was established in 1328... it has been around for over 650 years! They have 9 different selections, but the most popular (and my fav) is the lager. It's got a great flavor and I'm always in real luck when I can find a place serving it out of wooden barrel. The haul the barrel up to the bar and tap it by hand. It flavors the beer with a nice woody, earthy flavor that I had never experienced until moving here. Fortunately, the place we're going tonight serves Augustiner out of a wooden barrel... bonus!


Augustiner really sticks to their roots and has done a wonderful thing by doing so because it is one of Munich's most popular brands of beer... all the while opting out of all types advertising campaigns! Unfortunately, it is practically impossible to find it outside of Munich, much less outside of Germany (there are a few places, like Berlin, where it can be found). So, if you would like to try this wonderful beer some of you might have to plan for a trip! By the way, they do, in fact, have a tent at Oktoberfest. (wink, wink)

Have a wonderful Tuesday, and I'll be back tomorrow with a longer post.

Prost!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP